Information Collection and Use
Many of the features of www.GOBanking.com are available to you without you providing personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. We will collect and use personal information about you to respond to your request for products and services offered through this website. We will also collect information in order to notify you about products, services, and other opportunities we think will be of interest to you.
How We Collect Information
Information provided by you: The following are certain situations in which GOBanking may collect personally identifiable information from you::
- Registration for Newsletters and Sweepstakes. GOBanking collects personally identifiable information from you if you register online for one of GOBanking’s newsletters and when you enter GOBanking’s sweepstakes. When you register online with GOBanking, GOBanking asks for personally identifiable information like your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, personal interests and other demographic information.
- Forms. GOBanking may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on www.GOBanking.com.
- Correspondence. If you send GOBanking personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send GOBanking correspondence about your activities or postings on www.GOBanking.com, GOBanking may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
Information from service providers: Information is collected from third party service providers about geographical demographics, such as median household income or age. This is not connected to individuals. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is non-personally identifiable.
How We Categorize Information
The types of information we collect fits into two categories in our data policy:
- Non-Identifiable: This is information about you or your household that doesn’t identify you personally such as cookie data, state of residence, etc.
- Personally Identifiable: This is information that identifies you personally, such as your full name, street address, email address or phone number.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Products, communicate with you, conduct research and development to improve or enhance our Products and customer experience. These are a few examples:
- To create your account with our partners whose services you have requested. We require you to enter data which is used to verify your identity, avoid fraud and ultimately sign you up for the partner offer you are requesting (such as a loan quote).
- To improve our recommendations and insights. The information we collect also helps us tailor our content and improve the way we match you to recommended offers or insights. We’re constantly working on ways to better identify and present the information that’s most relevant to you.
- To communicate with you. We use information we collect to provide you with member support or to send you personalized offer recommendations. You have the option to decline such offers and be removed from e-mail promotion lists at any time. To make this request, please email email@example.com or unsubscribe here.
- To conduct research and to improve and promote our services. We use the information we collect to conduct research and to improve or enhance and promote our Services.
Who Has Access to Information
Unless you are entering one of GOBanking’s sweepstakes, GOBanking does not sell your personally identifiable information. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Advertisers. GOBanking may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. For example, GOBanking may aggregate location information and disclose it to advertisers to inform them of where their ads are performing.
- Network Advertising. GOBanking may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to www.GOBanking.com and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of www.GOBanking.com or other Web sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider’s point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a Web site.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Do not fill out forms: Filling out all forms is entirely optional and only required in order to sign you up for offers or additional info such as newsletters.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes or newsletters, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe here.
- Turn off cookies. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
Upon request GOBanking.com will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
You have the right to access and correct, or delete your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. We will respond to your request promptly within a reasonable time frame
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Compliance
GOBanking.com sends only verified newsletters, specifically requested by GOBanking subscribers. Subscriptions to GOBanking.com newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail. GOBanking.com is fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. GOBanking, its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Personally identifiable information you submit to GOBanking is password-protected for your privacy and security. GOBanking uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises GOBanking security measures, GOBanking will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
California Consumers’ Privacy Rights
Personal Information Collected
GOBanking collects Personal Information provided by Consumers through the Web site. In the past 12 months, GOBanking has collected the following information from Consumers:
|Category of Information||Examples||Information Collected|
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80.||A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||No|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||No|
|Biometric information||An individual’s physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics, including an individual’s deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), that can be use, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity, including but not limited to, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.||No|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, advertisement.||Yes|
|Geolocation data||Physical location, position, and movement data.||No|
|Sensory information||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|Professional or employment-related information||Present and past employment data.||No|
|Education information||Education records maintained by educational institutions or third parties on behalf of these institutions.||No|
|Inferences drawn from any other information||Data reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, habits, attitudes, predispositions, intelligences, and abilities.||No|
The categories of Personal Information described above are collected from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from Consumers or their agents, such as through Consumers’ responses to forms on this Site.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on the Site, such as through Consumers’ interaction with this Site.
Uses of Personal Information
The information we collect is used to:
- Fulfill the purpose for which the information was provided by the Consumer.
- Perform the activities described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as set forth in the CCPA.
- Provide the Consumer with information, products, or services that have been requested.
- Perform internal and external marketing.
- Carry out obligations and enforce contractual rights.
- Improve the services provided through the Site, such as through testing, research, analysis, and development.
- Respond to requests from law enforcement and government organizations as required by law, court order, or government regulation.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets whether on an ongoing basis or as part of a discrete transaction in which collected personal information is among the assets transferred.
Additional categories of Personal Information will not be collected or used for materially different purposes without first providing the Consumer with notice.
Sharing and Sale of Personal Information
GOBanking does not and will not sell or disclose for a business purpose Personal Information provided to us by Consumers.
Personal Information for minors under 16 years of age is neither collected, disclosed, nor sold.
Consumers have several rights under the CCPA. These include:
- The right to know what categories and specific pieces of Personal Information are collected, disclosed for a business purpose, or sold by requesting this information from GOBanking.
- The right to request deletion of Personal Information collected or maintained by GOBanking.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Information.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for choosing to exercise privacy rights under the CCPA.
GOBanking only stores email addresses for subscribers who have signed up to receive the GOBanking newsletter. For the remaining non-email subscriber traffic, the only Personal Information collected are IP addresses. Due to the nature of the Personal Information collected, GOBanking cannot verify Consumers’ identities to the degree of certainty required to fulfill requests to know or delete your collected Personal Information. GOBanking cannot fulfill these requests because email addresses and IP addresses are generally publicly available across various publicly accessibly websites and would not permit GOBanking to verify Consumers’ identities to a reasonable degree of certainty.
Many of the offers appearing on this site are from advertisers from which this website receives compensation for being listed here. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). These offers do not represent all deposit accounts available.
All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. Additionally, this site may be compensated through third party advertisers.
Questions or Concerns
Governing Law; Arbitration
THEREFORE, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN OR BRING CLASS ACTIONS. BY USING www.GOBanking.com YOU CONSENT TO THESE RESTRICTIONS.
You and GOBanking shall select the arbitrator, and if you and GOBanking are unable to reach agreement on selection of the arbitrator within thirty (30) days after the notice of arbitration is served, then the American Arbitration Association shall select the arbitrator. Arbitration shall not commence until the party requesting it has deposited One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) with the arbitrator for the arbitrator’s fees and costs. The party requesting arbitration shall advance such sums as are required from time to time by the arbitrator to pay the arbitrator’s fees and costs until the prevailing party is determined or the parties have agreed in writing to an alternate allocation of fees and costs.
Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive upon you and GOBanking and your and GOBanking’s respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, in no event shall either you or GOBanking be entitled to punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages and both you and GOBanking hereby waive your and GOBanking’s respective rights to any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for any loss of profit, revenue or business.