What Restaurants Are Open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
Putting together a special Christmas dinner is a holiday tradition many people look forward to — but it’s not for everybody. If you’re short on entertaining space or don’t consider yourself the best cook, there are plenty of restaurants open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Some will have special multicourse Christmas meals and others even offer catering or takeout. The choice is yours, just remember to preorder or make a reservation ahead of time.
- What Restaurants Are Open on Christmas Eve?
- What Restaurants Are Open on Christmas Day?
- Dining Out for Christmas
What Restaurants Are Open on Christmas Eve?
If you need a break from meal prep and cooking for your holiday feast, the following restaurants open on Christmas Eve:
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill + Bar: Some restaurants open 11 a.m to 9 p.m.
- Bahama Breeze: Restaurants open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Bakers Square: Restaurants open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Benihana: Regular hours, which vary by location
- Bennigan’s: Restaurants open 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Black Angus Steakhouse: Many locations open 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Bob Evans: Restaurants open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Boston Market: Open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., but holiday hours may vary by location
- Buca di Beppo: Restaurants open 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Chart House: All locations open for lunch and dinner, hours vary by location
- Chick-fil-A: Open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Claim Jumper: Some locations open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cracker Barrel: Special Christmas Eve hours which vary according to store manager and location
- Denny’s: All restaurants open 24/7
- Fogo De Chão: All locations open for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- IHOP: Many 24-hour locations open, other locations open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Legal Sea Foods: Open for lunch and dinner until at least 10 p.m. although holiday hours vary by location
- Marie Callender’s: All locations will be open Christmas Eve and most on Christmas Day, serving a special limited three-course menu, although hours vary by location
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: Select locations will open for Christmas Eve dinner
- Olive Garden: Hours depend on location, call ahead
- Pizza Hut: Hours vary by location
- Ruth Chris Steak Houses: Open noon until 8 p.m.
- Smith & Wollensky: Locations open on Christmas Eve until 11 p.m. although last reservation is at 9 p.m.
- Waffle House: All restaurants open 24 hours and 365 days per year
What Restaurants Are Open on Christmas Day?
If hosting your friends and family in your home or apartment isn’t possible or you prefer to eat out for Christmas, the following restaurants are open on Christmas Day. Some restaurants like Boston Market and Marie Callender’s offer premade meals you can preorder so you can enjoy a catered or takeout holiday feast at home. Order ahead to guarantee availability.
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill + Bar: Select restaurants will be open depending on the state, but the majority will be closed
- Bakers Square: Bakers Squares will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Christmas Day — most will close by 8 p.m. but check with your local restaurant for specific hours
- Benihana: Select Benihana restaurants will be open for both lunch and dinner on Christmas
- Boston Market: Most locations open although hours will vary
- Buca di Beppo: Open at 11 a.m. for lunch and dinner, closing hours will vary by location
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Select locations will be open, call ahead
- Chart House: All locations except Atlantic City, New Jersey; Cincinnati; and San Francisco open, hours vary by location
- Denny’s: All restaurants are open 24/7
- Fogo De Chão: Open for lunch and dinner, 11 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- IHOP: 24-hour locations will be open
- Legal Sea Foods: Open for lunch and dinner until at least 7 p.m., although hours vary by location
- Marie Callender’s: Most locations open on Christmas Day, serving a special limited three-course menu, although hours may vary
- McDonald’s: Some locations are open 24 hours
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: Select locations will open for Christmas dinner
- Ruth Chris Steak Houses: Open for Christmas Day dinner, location hours vary on demand
- Smith & Wollensky: Locations open on Christmas Day for lunch and dinner from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Starbucks: The majority of Starbucks locations will be open, but hours vary by location
- Waffle House: All locations are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Dining Out for Christmas
There are many reasons to go out to dinner for Christmas. Maybe you’re in the mood for Japanese food or Italian. Or you’re away from home. Like banks and retailers, not all restaurants open on Christmas. Luckily, there will be a few dining options open to cater to your meal preferences. Locations and hours are limited, so it’s best to call ahead and make a reservation.
More From GOBankingRates