Starbucks Gift Card Tips: Check Your Starbucks Gift Card Balance and More
The flagship store in Seattle’s Pike Place Market, opened in 1971, has grown to over 24,000 locations worldwide. In some cities, it seems like there’s a Starbucks on every corner.
Known for serving some of the best coffee on the market, it’s no wonder a Starbucks gift card is a popular holiday choice. They’re great gifts for employee appreciation days, gift exchanges and even as a quick pick me up for a struggling friend. Here’s how to conveniently check how much money you have left on your Starbucks gift card.
How to Use Your Starbucks Gift Card
A Starbucks gift card is a great gift for coffee and tea lovers. You can pick up a Starbucks card in stores or order gift cards online. You can use your Starbucks card in any Starbucks store to buy a coffee or anything else the store is selling.
A Starbucks gift card is different from a Starbucks Store Credit card that is issued for refunds. It is also different from a Starbucks Gold Card, which is part of the rewards program. Here are five tips to make the most of your Starbucks gift card:
1. Check Your Starbucks Gift Card Balance
You can check your Starbucks gift card balance a few different ways. But first, you’ll need the 16-digit gift card number and the eight-digit card security codes that are printed on the back of the card. Here’s three ways to check your balance on a Starbucks gift card:
- Starbucks Account: Sign in to your Starbucks account, and scroll down to select the check balance section. Enter the gift card number and the security code, and press “enter” to view the remaining balance.
- Starbucks Mobile App for iPhone: Download the Starbucks app for iPhone to register your gift card and to check the balance. Sign in to your Starbucks account, and select “pay.” The remaining balance will appear at the top left corner.
- Starbucks Mobile App for Android: Download the Starbucks app for Android to register your gift card and to check the balance. Sign in to your Starbucks account, and click the four lines at the top left of the screen. Select “refresh balance” to view the current card balance.
2. Register for the Starbucks Rewards Program
Starbucks offers deals and rewards programs that can help you enjoy your Starbucks coffee fix guilt-free. One of the best ways to make the most of your gift card is to register it in the Starbucks rewards program.
You’ll earn Starbucks stars for every dollar spent. As you continue to earn rewards, you’ll get access to special promotions. You’ll have Starbucks green status until you earn 300 points, at which point you’ll move up to Starbucks gold status.
3. Set Up Automatic Reloads to Your Starbucks Gift Card
Reloading your card can speed up the checkout process, and it’s easy to automatically reload your gift card when you use the Starbucks app on your phone. Just choose the dollar amount to automatically reload your gift card.
4. Purchase Discounted Starbucks Gift Cards
One of the best ways to save money at Starbucks is to find and purchase discounted Starbucks gift cards. Some warehouse clubs sell large packs of gift cards online, or you can find discounts at local retailers to save money on the cards.
5. Take Advantage of Free Refills
When you’re a rewards member and use your card to make a purchase, you can receive free refills of brewed drinks, including iced coffee and tea, during the same store visit. Using your card to get a free refill is a great way to stretch your dollar and get the most out of your Starbucks gift card.
Up Next: Best Credit Card Offers